Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Submit reimbursement requests to Medicare and Medicaid
Process insurance claims for private and employer insurance reimbursement
- Work with patients to develop self-pay arrangements and payment plans
- Enter charges accurately and expeditiously to ensure proper records handling and fast payment
- Process and follow up on payer denials, consulting with the patient and/or his or her family as needed
- Post payments in a timely manner
- Initiate private pay collections after insurance cancellation, denial, or other issue
- Research and resolve client billing problems or issues
- Assist patients and their families with applying for CareCredit and other financial solutions
- Document payment records and issues as they occur
- Bill for client services accurately and ensure appropriate insurance reimbursement.
- Using Demographic information, ensure all clients are properly and accurately inputted into electronic system and client record for proper and accurate billing purposes. Correct inaccurate information, as necessary.
- Monitor new services and follow up with insurance company to review if we receive payment for the new service(s).
- Monitor and review reports in EHR billing system. Submit reports to supervisor(s) as needed or requested.
- Collection of any applicable fees from the client/payer at time of service.
- Input and Reconcile all payments received into the accounting system.
- Input client co-pays and/or fees owed into EHR system.
- Bill/invoice customers timely and accurately, and forward copy of invoice to providers.
- Research and identify accounting/financial/billing issues and address accordingly.
- Reconcile billing accounts and adjust accounts as needed.
- Review open accounts for collection efforts and keep ongoing history; as well as develop payment arrangements as appropriate.
- Prepare bills and invoices for medical services and treatments received.
- Establishes payment arrangements on current and delinquent patient accounts.
- Contacts and follows up with individuals to reconcile accounts.
- Collect patient insurance and financial information to generate payment for company.
- Updates and obtains medical authorization for payment from insurers.
- Compile information to secure payment from third party insurances.
- Regularly updates Medicare and Medicaid cost and bad-debt reports, billing, collection, and other related information.
- Follows all work processes, procedures, while maintaining compliance to the rules and regulations set forth by the company.
- Always strives to deliver high-quality results in accordance with company standards.
- Protects and keeps all patient and information confidential.
- Proudly services the company by following all HIPAA, JCAHO, state, and federal laws and standards.
- Accepts ownership for all tasks and responsibilities while improving the company?s reputation.Actively explores new activities, networking opportunities and educational pursuits to improve job knowledge and skills.